Your Ad Here

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Christina Applegate free of cancer

Christina Applegate says she is ''100 per cent free'' of cancer.

The 36-year-old actress, who revealed she had been diagnosed with breast cancer earlier this month, has beaten the disease following a successful course of treatment.

She told US TV show "Good Morning America": "I'm clear. Absolutely 100 per cent clear and clean. They got everything out so I'm definitely not going to die from breast cancer."

The "Samantha Who?" star also spoke of her shock when a second MRI scan revealed she had the life-threatening disease.

She added: "I was so mad and I just remember I was shaking. And then also immediately, I had to go into the 'take-care-of-business-mode.'"

"I asked them, 'What do I do now? What – what is it that I do? I get a doctor, I get a surgeon, I get an oncologist? What do I do?'"

Christina – who has had regular mammograms to check for the disease after her mother also battled it – changed her diet in a bid to get well.

She explained: "I immediately made those appointments and immediately called around for someone to start teaching me how to live macrobiotically."

A macrobiotic diet consists mainly of fish, beans and vegetables, and avoiding processed foods.

Source: BANG Showbiz


Christina Applegate Outside NBC Studios
after an Appearance on "Late Night with Conan O'Brien"
New York City, USA - April 4, 2008

0 comments: